Gay Agenda is a column for Billboard Pride where we run down a few fab things at the start of each week. Between new tracks, music videos and pop culture moments, we want our readers to be prepared for happy hour kikis and water cooler conversation.
1. RuPaul’s Drag Race isn’t going anywhere soon: Thursday’s premiere was the most-watched All Stars episode to date, drawing 895,000 viewers. The episode is yet another win for VH1, which has seen 10 consecutive quarters of year-over-year ratings growth in the 18-49 demo. You betta werk!
2. Speaking of All Stars 3, BenDeLaCreme, Trixie Mattel, Milk and Shangela stopped by our office for some cute video interviews. Check them out to hear about their first gay crushes, favorite songs by Drag Race sisters and more.
3. Katy Perry signee Ferras has released the empowering new track “Coming Back Around.” The out singer is best known for his 2008 hit “Hollywood’s Not America.” After a couple of dancefloor-ready cuts in 2016, the singer-songwriter finds himself back in his wheelhouse with this emotional, piano-heavy midtempo.
4. Rapper Cakes Da Killa enlisted Arizona-based hip-hop trio Injury Reserve for a remix of “Talkin Greezy.” The original was already a banger, but the remix breathes fresh life into the track as we wait for new music from the fierce emcee.
5. YouTuber Michael Kort has returned with an inspiring cover of The Greatest Showman hit “This Is Me.” The video features vocalists Maharasyi, Jada Banks Mace, Peaces, Marissa Barbalato and Kesha Shantrell and serves as a tribute to the one-year anniversary of the Women’s March.
Need more gay? Follow Billboard Pride on Facebook and check out past editions below.